Returning Residents must visit the Jamaica Customs Agency Returning Residents Unit and submit the following:
- A valid Jamaican Passport or foreign passport that is endorsed with the unconditional landing stamp.
- Validated Bill of Lading or Airway Bill
- Taxpayers Registration Number (TRN).
- Documentary evidence that will substantiate residency outside of Jamaica for 3 consecutive years.
- Documentary evidence that substantiates intention to re-establish permanent residence in Jamaica.
- Returning Students should present transcript, , confirmation letter of attendance from last institution of study and identification card issued by the institution
- Deported persons should present their Deportation Order, case file, letter from the Passport, Immigration & Citizenship Agency (PICA) and picture identification.
In order to be considered as a Returning Resident and to benefit from the concession afforded to Returning Residents, you must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- Be a Jamaican national who has attained the age of 18 years and who has been residing overseas for the last 3 consecutive years and is returning to Jamaica to reside permanently.
- Be a Jamaican who gave up your Jamaican citizenship, and can provide proof of that previous status and wishes to return home.
- Be a Non-Jamaican whose spouse is a Jamaican Returning Resident.
- A Deported person who has been residing overseas for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Returning Student
- A Jamaican national who has resided abroad for more than one (1) year but less than three (3)consecutive years for the purpose of studying and who returns to Jamaica to reside permanently will be entitled to duty exemption on some of their items.